Sunday, September 23, 2007

I finally am taking the time to get on with creating a blog for our family. I thought it would be more complicated than this and I wish I had done it sooner. I always enjoy seeing everyone elses blogs--especially pictures of your growing families. I hope you'll enjoy ours as well.



Life for our family has been feeling a bit like a run away train for a while now and I keep thinking it will slow down at some point and I finally realized that's not going to happen so we're holding on for dear life and learning to enjoy the ride.



Scott is in his second (and final--yeah!) year of grad school right now and working very hard. He is always talking about what he's learning in his classes and it is thrilling to share in his excitement and growth. Currently he is in a negotiation class and each week they are given scenarios and then do a mock negotiation. It's so fun when he comes home to hear him talk about that week's negotiation and how he did.



Michelle is enjoying motherhood and is learning the importance of continuous adaptation to her ever changing offspring and their growing needs. In addition to motherhood and keeping the home going she is also "moonlighting" as YMCA swim coach, Mitt Romney campaign volunteer, and crusader against the building of a casino in town. Never a dull moment.



Liam turned 12 this year and is in marching band at the middle school playing the bass drum. We have had so much fun watching him perform with the band at the high school football game and in the Rodeo Parade. He does really well and even though the parade route was long he enjoyed the experiences.



Gabby has started soccer and LOVES it. It is really funny to watch because the children are all 3 and 4-year-olds so it is kind of organized chaos, but the kids have so much fun and Gabby is in heaven. We definitely have an athlete in the making. She is also very busy. She wakes up every day and asks "where we going today?" She's going to keep us on our toes for sure.



Marcus is growing VERY big. He is as tall or taller than the children twice his age--he's 15 months wearing 2 & 3T clothes. His current hobbies are pulling all of the pans out of the cupboards in the kitchen and using Liam's drum sticks to bang on anything that will make a noise. It seems that propensity for precussion runs in the Reittinger genes.



We will keep you all updated with the latest and greatest from our family and hope you'll keep in touch with us, too. We love to share in the joy of our growing families. What a great way to do that!!!

5 comments:

Kirbell said...

Look how cute your family is! I'm glad you're starting a blog and I look forward to many great posts!

Dana Adams said...

I admit…I enjoy reading family and friends’ blogs. This was fun to read and a good update. I can now show my wife, Emily, who this Michelle gal - from the good old days of our youth - person is...

Melanie said...

We got your blog email and if you don't mind, we added your blog to our "Family and Friends Blog" links on our own blog page (www.brianandmelanie.blogspot.com). Fun udpates...thank you!

Melanie Gunnell

Fresca said...

This is a big hello to 3060!
Hi--You left a note on my blog identifying yourself as Data and an Andorian in some of my photos from the Star Trek con in Las Vegas this past August (2008).
Thank you so much for contacting me:
That is sooooo cool!!!!

I didn't even realize you were there (painted blue) in the background with the baby stroller when I took the photo, but once I saw it I loved it---such a GREAT example of the Star Trek Universe--people who love it enough to do the amazing work of constructing costumes, and at the same time doing all the day-to-day life work of pushing kids, groceries, whatnot around.

Do you have a site with your Star Trek photos, or anything I could link to on my blog? I'd love to give you credit--and also it'd just be fun to see more. I'm not even 100% sure which one of these people on this blog is you...!
Looks like you have a wonderful family.
You should keep blogging! But only if you want.
Live long and all that!
Fresca
frescadp at yahoo, if you want to e-mail--or if you like, just respond again on my blog.

Angela Baird said...

What a great little update...I feel like I don't know anything about your family, since we rearely ever see you. I'm not surprised at all that you are so involved in your community as well as an awesome mom! The kids sound great! Hope all continues to go well!